Lately, I have seen a lot of questions arising about the Canva free vs Pro version. Is it worth upgrading?
What is the difference between a free plan and a pro plan, and which plan is right for me? So, as a certified Canva creator, I have decided to answer all those questions with a detailed breakdown.
So, stick around as I unfold all the features in the free plan and pro plan, and share some pro tips to use Canva for your best graphic design work. So let’s dive in.
Canva Free vs Paid: An Overview
What is Canva?
It is an online graphic design and photo editing tool which offers an easy-to-use way of designing. It lets you make incredible designs for your blog and business by just doing some drag and drop actions on most of the listed editing tools.
It is an excellent option for those people who do not want to use Photoshop or any other machine-based professional software.
People searching for some free handy graphic design tool for their SME business can count on Canva.
Canva Pro – What you can expect?
The Canva Pro has all the premium stuff enclosed in a professional portfolio. In addition, it has tons of graphics and templates for blogs, stock images, and many other features for professional use.
Some of the top brands and companies using Canva for their business are; Common Sense Media, Inc., HootSuite Media Inc., Blackfriars Group, University of California-Los Angeles.
To get the answer of which plan is right for you? Let’s go ahead and see these two plans one by one in comparison.
Comparison of Canva Free vs Canva Pro 2022
Canva Free Plan
With the Canva free plan, you can do tons of things. There are 250,000+free templates for simple design needs. Then you have different design types for social media, presentations, and more. You also got access to some free-to-use images to fit in your blog or social media post.
If I would say that they really giveaway with the free plan, then it won’t be false. It gives you enough liberty to design for your blogs and business. Here is a rundown list of all the features in the free plan:
- 1 Million photos and free images. You can get the premium ones by paying $1 for a single image.
- Over 0.2 Million Templates – some of them may have a Canva imprint.
- Over 57 thousand graphical collections and 13+ thousand videos.
- Have 75 soundtracks – they are free means royalty-free music!
- 1700+ Fonts for different styles and brands
- Six animation special effects
- 5GB storage – a decent amount of storage to store your design to get back to them later.
- Shareable with Teammates – you can share your creations with the team by emailing a link.
Canva Pro Plan
The Canva pro plan has all the features that a graphic designer dreamt of and the free plan features. Here are they:
- Remove Image Background – easily remove the background of any photo with just one click.
- A Compact Brand Kit – now this is absolute bliss. You can upload your fonts logos and choose your colour pallet.
- 75+million stock photos, audio, and videos – Now, you don’t have to buy a subscription for royalty-free video and audio sites. You have it all in Canva pro.
- Resize Images easily – Resize any image you need to use on social platforms or sites.
- Plan your Content – You can link and plan your content for social platforms.
- Clear background designs – Make your design and download it as transparent PNG.
- Make intuitive animations – With the feature of Animator Pro, make a GIF or an MP4 animation.
- High-Res downloads – Get your high-res designs instantly.
- 100GB online storage space
- SVG format allowed for design download – Canva Pro enables the designs in SVG format, which is suitable for making vector designs.
There is nothing better than making a design of your own choice without the help of professional graphic design or designing skills. You can create your brand identity easily and repurpose it for different platforms.
With many free images, audio and video libraries, massive storage, and brand creation, the background removal and animation maker tools serve as a cherry on the top in Canva Pro Plan.
You need to know a few more things about Canva Pro functionalities: also known as Canva print. In other words, there will be some license attached to these online assets if you use them for commercial purposes.
It is ok to create something for your business to use as a one-time design. But if you are into a company where you resell the plans like a professional Ad agency, you need to read the licensing and terms carefully.
How Much Does The Canva Pro Cost?
Before thinking about joining the canvas pro, you will need to consider its cost if it is what you can afford. Since it has three pricing plans which are:
Free, Pro and enterprises.
The pro will cost $12.99 per month while it will cost $119.99 per year. You can save up to 23% if you subscribe to your annual plan.
The enterprise cost $30 per month per person. This plan is for some big companies with a minimum of 24 people.
Canva Free vs Paid:Is it Worth Upgrading to Pro?
As a graphic designer and a digital content creator, I always want to access premium assets. In addition, I want to make my audience crave more and keep coming back to my website; if you have the same goals, you should consider upgrading to the Canva pro plan.
Even if you are unsure about getting it full-fledged, you can give a shot to Canva Pro for free and then make up your mind. It is free for the first 45 days; that’s enough time to gauge your needs.
With the Canva pro, you get access to the following:
- 100+ million premium stock photos, videos, audios and graphics
- 610,000+ premium templates with new design daily.
- Schedule social media content to 8 platforms
- More than 3000 fronts
Which Canva Pro plan should I choose, monthly or yearly?
There is no difference between monthly and yearly plans and features, but you can save up to 23% with an annual payment. That is the best way to save money when you join the Canva pro account.
- Canva is very easy to use
- You can integrate the tool with other platforms most social media and other clouds storage platforms.
- Getting access to the pre-design templates
- Very simple interface
- The mobile app is not easy to use
- Slow support team
- All the advanced features require to upgrade to Canva pro
How To Use Canva Pro For Free
The Canva team allow you to test their pro for free without paying a dime. You will enjoy it for 30 days, in which you can upgrade if you’re satisfied.
To join the 30-day pro account, sign up for the Canva account. At the top, click on pricing. Then choose the pro account and click try if free for 30 days.
It allows you to choose if you want to pay per month or annual payment. This depends on you.
Add your credit card, but you will not be charged till after 30 days.
Canva Free vs Paid 2022: Conclusion
Canva is one of the best online design tools of its kind that lets you professionally create the most creative designs without much effort.
Every small to medium business is going online. If you want to establish an identity online, then opting for a $120 graphic designing service is worth spending in contrast with hiring a heavy budget full-time graphic designer.
So we have summed it all for you; now it is your turn to make a wise decision to choose between Canva free vs paid for your business.
In case you have any questions concerning the Canva Free vs Paid, let me know from your comment.