Are you looking for the best membership platform to create a new membership site for your business or want to generate passive income online?
You’re in the right place. We are comparing the list of the best membership site platforms and recommend the best with every feature you need for your membership training program.
Starting a membership business is great and is the best decision to generate monthly income while still growing your following.
Mighty Networks is one of the best membership site software for creating free and paid membership sites. It provides all the tools you need.
WPQuickStart By Nexcess
WPQuickStart is one of WordPress’s best membership site plugins for creating and managing your membership site.
Thinkific is an online course platform to create, market, and sell your courses and membership sites. It integrates with some of the payment gateways.
Teachable is an all-in-one platform to create and sell courses and membership sites. From web hosting to payment processing.
Clickfunnels 2.0 is an all-in-one marketing tool to sell online courses and membership sites. It is a funnel and landing page builder with more advanced features.
As the membership business is thriving in 2023, you must choose the best membership software to host your content and deliver it to your students.
And it may be challenging to choose the right membership site platform, especially if you’re a beginner.
If you want to thrive in building a successful membership business, providing quality content is not only a factor, but content delivery also plays more role in how people will access the information you have created for them.
Before diving into our list of the best membership platforms, what is a membership site?
What Is a Membership Site?
A membership site is a platform built and designed to host content that is only accessible to people who register to become a member. A membership site is like a community of a set of people who have the same goal.
Creating a membership site is the best way to monetize your content and get paid a recurring commission.
A membership site lets you share your skills, knowledge, ideas and experience and positively impact people’s lives.
What Makes a Membership Site Successful?
To build a successful membership site, you need to find a membership site builder software that offers more features and integrates with other marketing tools to automate most of the process.
It is crucial to choose a membership platform that is very easy to set up accepts payment, and deliver content such as articles, online courses, audio files, emails etc.
The take must make it easy to organize your course and content.
Let’s dive into the list of the best membership site platforms of 2023.
What Are The Best Membership Site Platforms In 2023
Below are our top picks for the best membership platforms that have all the features, integration, and payment that you need for your business.
The best all-in-one membership site platform
Mighty Networks is one of the best membership site software for creating free and paid membership sites.
You can create a website, online course and membership site with your brand and make them available on both the web and native mobile app.
What I like most about Mighty Networks is that it helps you create and market your membership site to people interested in your content.
Easily connect with your members through articles, videos, live streaming etc.
You can also connect your members through group messaging, polls and Q & A as it keeps them motivated and contributes to any group discussion.
Mighty Network Features
- Sell memberships, events, private groups, and online courses, and sell courses in bundles.
- Build a fantastic network that reflects your brand
- Accept payment in over 135 currencies
- Mighty Network App for IOS and Android
- Community free support
The price is very reasonable, and if you’re starting, you can easily choose any plan that fits your business.
2. WPQuickStart By Nexcess
Best membership plugin for WordPress.
If you want to build your membership site using WordPress, WPQuickStart is the best.
Many internet marketers have to use WPQuickStart to create and build a successful membership site and deliver content without a problem.
WPQuickStart combines some popular software to help you build a well-designed membership site.
WPQuickStart is a membership site platform for WordPress to create and manage your membership site.
It offers everything you need to get started, including templates, themes, plugins, and training videos.
WPQuickStart is the perfect solution for anyone who wants to create a membership site but doesn’t know all that it requires to get your membership site up and running..
WPQuickStart was designed to make launching, managing and growing a membership site easier than ever before
With amazing intuitive dashboard, it lets you quickly and easily manage all aspects of your membership site.
With powerful built-in marketing tools, you can easily create campaigns to help grow your membership and attract customers.
WPQuickStart also comes with professionally designed templates, themes and plugins, making creating an attractive membership site that looks great on any device easy.
- Membership Essential costs $49 per month
- Membership Pro costs $99 per month
- Membership Premium costs $149 per month
All plans include access to the platform, templates, themes and plugins, training videos, and helpful tutorials. There is a 30-day money-back guarantee.
If you’re not satisfied with their tool, you can ask for your money within 30 days with no question.
Thinkific platform is a complete Learning Management System (LMS) that makes it easy to create, market and sell online courses.
Thinkific provides all tools in one platform to help you start creating your course quickly and easily. It also includes marketing tools such as landing pages, automated emails, discounts, coupons, and more.
Thinkific offers both a free plan and several paid plans for those who require more advanced features.
- The basic paid plan starts at $39/month.
- The pro plan costs $79 per month, and the Premiere plan costs $399.
- All their plans come with a 14-day free trial to try Thinkific.
- Drag and drop course builder
- Drip and downloadable content
- Automated emails and discounts
- Videos and content hosting
- Add instructors profiles
- Detailed analytics
- Integrations with popular services such as Stripe, MailChimp, Zapier and others
- Library of free courses and resources to help get you started.
If you’re a course creator, I recommend Thinkific due to its advanced features to sell your online course. You don’t need any third-party software to set up everything.
4. Clickfunnels 2.0
Clickfunnels 2.0 is an all-in-one marketing toolkit designed to help entrepreneurs and businesses create high-converting sales funnels.
It includes easy-to-use drag-and-drop tools, A/B testing capabilities, advanced analytics, and a wide range of pre-design templates.
With Clickfunnels 2.0, you can easily create powerful landing pages, order forms, and opt-in pages.
What I like about Clickfunnels is that it has a section to build a complete and automated membership site. You don’t need any external software to create a landing page, sales page, etc.
Clickfunnels 2.0 pricing
Clickfunnels 2.0 offers flexible plans to suit different needs and budgets, starting at $147/month for the Basic Plan.
- The basic plan costs $147 per month
- The Pro plan costs $197 per month
- The funnel Hacking plan costs $297 per month.
All plans come with a 14-day free trial. Try Clickfunnels 2.0 risk-free before committing to any plan.
Clickfunnels 2.0 Features
- Drag and drop tools
- A/B testing capabilities
- Advanced real-time analytics
- Wide range of templates
- Custom domains
- Priority support
- Automated email sequences,
- Membership sites
- Online course funnel
- eCommerce store
- CRM tool
If you’re looking for a membership plugin for your WordPress site, you’ve probably come across OptimizePress.
OptimizePress offers many features to help you create and manage a successful membership site.
OptimizePress features include the following:
- The ability to create unlimited memberships and courses
- Landing page templates
- Webinar page templates
- Marketing funnel
- Checkout and payment plugin
- Integrated payment processing with over 30+ payment gateways
- Flexible content dripping so you can release content on a schedule.
- Advanced reporting and analytics
- Highly customizable member accounts
- -And much more!
OptimizePress also offers a variety of pricing options to suit every budget.
- Their Basic Plan starts at just $149 per year.
- The Plus plan starts at $249 per year.
- The Pro plan starts at $349 per year.
All plans come with a 14-day money-back guarantee so that you can try out the landing page plugin risk-free.
If you’re looking for a feature-rich membership plugin for WordPress, OptimizePress is worth considering. Their wide range of features and flexible pricing options make it an excellent solution for sites of all sizes.
They offer a 14-day money-back guarantee, so you can use the software and see if it’s the right tool for your needs.
OptimizePress plugin makes it easy to create opt-in pages, webinar registration pages, landing pages, and much more. All pages are optimized for conversions.
So why not give the OptimizePress WordPress landing page a try today?
You will be surprised how easy it is to build and manage a successful membership site with this best WordPress membership plugin and page builder.
Not only that, if you are a seller on JVZoo and WorriroPlus, then you will understand that the OptimizePress plugin can save you a lot of money.
Many sellers on these platforms use the plugin to create landing pages and sale pages to sell their products.
Teachable is excellent for content creators, entrepreneurs and educators.
Teachable offers an all-in-one platform to create interactive courses, set up subscription plans, manage payments, and track customer performance on their courses.
The Teachable user experience is top-notch, with several features that make it easy to navigate the platform.
It provides customization options to create online course sites with support for audio/video and many third-party integrations.
One of the features of Teachable is its drag-and-drop page builder, which allows you to quickly customize your course pages with text, images, video embeds, audio files etc.
Teachable also supports custom domain mapping, so you can easily brand a landing page for your course or membership site.
Teachable offers analytics and engagement tools that allow you to track course performance, understand how customers engage with the content, and identify areas for improvement.
It supports eCommerce features like coupon codes, discount bundles and payment plans.
Teachable have pricing plans for different needs, ranging from entrepreneurs to educators. The free plan includes unlimited courses, quizzes, and integrations with third-party payment gateways.
- Basic Plan: Free
- Basic plan: $29/month
- Pro Plan: $99/month
- Business Plan: $249/month
- Enterprise Option (custom pricing)
Teachable is an excellent platform for creating interactive online courses and membership sites with powerful customization options and user analytics.
You can learn more about Teachable to see if it fits your need to build your first membership site.
The Podia platform is the easiest way to create and sell digital products. It is a complete digital storefront platform that helps you quickly build an online business.
Podia offer several features designed to make selling digital content more accessible. These include
Easy setup – Setting up your store on Podia is easy and intuitive- no coding required!
Design – Customize the look of your membership site and branding elements, including fonts, colours, images, and more
Integrations – You can integrate Podia with third-party tools like Mailchimp, Zapier, ConvertKit, Stripe, PayPal, etc
With Podia, you can quickly create subscription plans for your membership site.
Podia Pricing Plans
Podia offers 2 pricing plans:
- The mover plan costs $39 per month.
- The Shaker plan starts at $79 per month and allows unlimited products.
All plans offer unlimited video hosting, customer support, customizable checkout pages, marketing integrations, and email automation tools.
Podia is an easy-to-use digital and it makes it simple to create and sell digital content. It has many features designed to help you quickly build an online business.
Its affordable pricing plans make it among the top membership software in the market to build and grow your membership site.
What Are Membership Site Platforms?
Membership site platforms provide the tools needed to create a membership website. These amazing and advanced features include customizable templates, payment gateways, a content management system (CMS) for delivering content, and various marketing tools for promoting your site.
Benefits of Using Membership Site Platforms
A membership platform allows you to create a secure, user-friendly website that stands out. You’ll also benefit from
1. Easy Setup and Management: Many membership site platforms have easy-to-use tools for setting up and managing your website. This includes creating custom membership levels, integrating payment systems, and customizing your site’s design.
2. Accessibility: Membership sites are accessible for both members and visitors, so you can reach more people with your content.
You can also set up different access levels depending on membership type or payment plan. You can offer a free plan and later allow customers to upgrade to a paid plan.
3. Flexible Payment Options
Features needed in Membership Site Platforms.
- User registration, login and membership management
- Ability to accept payments securely with the integration of payment gateways like Stripe, PayPal or others
- Customizable content access levels for different memberships
- Secure online file delivery system for digital downloads
- Automated email notifications triggered.
- Integration with major email marketing systems like MailChimp or Aweber
- An automated content delivery system for drip campaigns
- Ability to embed videos, photos and other media
- Detailed analytics and reporting on user activity
Other Membership Site Tools and Plugin
• MemberPress – MemberPress is a WordPress plugin that provides powerful membership features for your needs. The plugin has been in existence for many years, and many top marketers are using it to host their content.
• Kajabi – A full-featured platform designed to help you build and manage your membership site
• MemberMouse – An intuitive membership tool with a wide range of features
• WishList Member – A powerful WordPress plugin for creating, managing and protecting your membership site.
The WishList Member has thousands of users, and you can add it to one of your favourite tools this year.
• AccessAlly – A WordPress plugin designed to help you create powerful membership sites
• Digital Access Pass – An all-in-one solution for creating, managing and protecting membership sites
• LearnDash – LearnDash is a fully LMS platform tailored to help you create and manage online courses. You can also use it to create your membership site and integrate it with the marketing software.
Best Membership Site Platforms: Summary
These are the list of the best membership website platforms. Most of these membership website builders provide all the marketing tools you need to build and manage a successful membership business.
Not all membership website platforms are created equally. But it depends on your business to decide which platform will fit your needs.
If you need membership site software to create an online community for your customers, I suggest using the Mighty Networks platform.
And if you prefer to create an online course with a membership site, I recommend using the best online course platform, Thinkific.
If you prefer to build your membership website on WordPress, OptimisePress is the best membership plugin you can use.
Tips To Build Membership Site
Now that you have access to the list of the best membership sites and are ready to join anyone you prefer let’s look at some of the steps to build a successful membership site that can generate income.
The first step is to identify your audience. This is very important and determines the success of your site.
After identifying your audience, you must choose the content you want to offer your students.
There are a few types of content for your membership site. It may be an article, audio or video.
The most common one is video, which I recommend.
Choose a membership Platform. There are many membership site platforms you can choose from. You can start with Thinkific for free from the list above and later upgrade your account.
Build your membership site and your brand. There is much to do here, but following the guide inside your chosen platform is straightforward.
Thinkific provides free training on how to get started, and if you join them today, you will get access to the free training.
What type of platform is best for a membership site?
The type of membership software you choose depends on your needs, and what you want to offer your student.
Each platform offers unique features and pricing plans.
- Clickfunnels 2.0 Review
- Clickfunnels 2.0 pricing
- What is Clickfunnels 2.0?
- GoHighLevel Review
- GoHighLevel Pricing
- Clickfunnels 2.0 vs GoHighLevel
- Clickfunnels 2.0 vs Shopify
- Clickfunnels 2.0 vs Samcart
- What is the Lead Generation funnel?
- How To generate leads for Your Business
- ClickFunnels 2.0 Vs OptimizePress
- 123 Profit Review By Aidan and Steven